This WordPress instance has been re-designed to get rid of all trackers, cookies, links to “social” networks and other corporate interests (e.g. the Facebook button or the infamous Google font cookie ). We are constantly updating and improving the CMS to create an even better data-protected view and user experience for you. As a journalist, our Founder Markus Feilner has accompanied major players during the creation of the European Data Protection Rules (esp. the GDPR, see photo to the right).
However, some links (e.g. to Youtube videos or similar, sometimes bring in their own “stuff” – we are striving to remove these from linked content, too!). Thank you for your patience, please keep us updated if you notice unwanted behaviour.
And here’s the lawyers’ stuff:
Personal data (usually referred to just as “data” below) will only be processed by us to the extent necessary and for the purpose of providing a functional and user-friendly website, including its contents, and the services offered there.
All IPs logged by our monitoring systems are instantaneously anonymized — too bad for us and the SEO specialists, but good for you.
- Information about us as controllers of your data
- The rights of users and data subjects
- Information about the data processing
1. Information about us as controllers of your data
The party responsible for this website (the “controller”) for purposes of data protection law is: Markus Feilner Feilner IT Wöhrdstr. 10 93059 Regensburg Germany Telephone: +491703027092 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The rights of users and data subjects
With regard to the data processing to be described in more detail below, users and data subjects have the right to:
- to confirmation of whether data concerning them is being processed, information about the data being processed, further information about the nature of the data processing, and copies of the data (cf. also Art. 15 GDPR);
- to correct or complete incorrect or incomplete data (cf. also Art. 16 GDPR);
- to the immediate deletion of data concerning them (cf. also Art. 17 DSGVO), or, alternatively, if further processing is necessary as stipulated in Art. 17 Para. 3 GDPR, to restrict said processing per Art. 18 GDPR;
- to receive copies of the data concerning them and/or provided by them and to have the same transmitted to other providers/controllers (cf. also Art. 20 GDPR);
- to file complaints with the supervisory authority if they believe that data concerning them is being processed by the controller in breach of data protection provisions (see also Art. 77 GDPR).
In addition, the controller is obliged to inform all recipients to whom it discloses data of any such corrections, deletions, or restrictions placed on processing the same per Art. 16, 17 Para. 1, 18 GDPR. However, this obligation does not apply if such notification is impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. Nevertheless, users have a right to information about these recipients. Likewise, under Art. 21 GDPR, users and data subjects have the right to object to the controller’s future processing of their data pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. In particular, an objection to data processing for the purpose of direct advertising is permissible.
3. Information about data processing
Your data processed when using our website will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose for its storage ceases to apply, provided the deletion of the same is not in breach of any statutory storage obligations or unless otherwise stipulated below. For technical reasons, the following data sent by your internet browser to us or to our server provider will be collected, especially to ensure a secure and stable website: The server log files record the type and version of your browser, operating system, the website from which you came (referrer URL), the webpages on our site visited, the date and time of your visit, as well as the IP address from which you visited our site.
The data thus collected will be temporarily stored, but not in association with any other of your data. The basis for this storage is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest lies in the improvement, stability, functionality, and security of our website.
The data will be deleted within no more than seven days, unless continued storage is required for evidentiary purposes. In which case, all or part of the data will be excluded from deletion until the investigation of the relevant incident is finally resolved.
PGP -Key ID (as of 2019): 40A3C306F96133067C11CFD9A958A906268C9F0A Full public key here.